How do you run an elevated command prompt without an admin?
“You can.” - in a way!
The word - ELEVATED means, Having additional possibilities and power in the OS. And, if you can do a trick - you can run the cmd/command prompt with the SYSTEM permissions, and almost Ruin everything in the OS (like the root in Linux).
Before saying anything, I want to say that this is not a straightforward way but you can easily e do that in any other system/laptop. just follow the following steps and you will achieve the goal of running command prompt as Admin (High Privileges)
- Create a bootable Pen drive with any distro of Linux - which supports Live Boot. (Kali Linux, ubuntu etc.)
- Boot the Laptop/computer with the Pen Drive and Select Live Boot option.
- Now, once the west loads navigate to your Windows directory in your main hard drive and go in the following path “\windows\system32”.
- replace the sethc.exe the with CMD
- Copy CMD.exe,
- Rename sethc.exe -> sethc.exe.bak,
- Paste Cmd.exe in the same folder
- Rename cmd - copy.exe -> sethc.exe
- Shutdown the PC
- Now, Reboot the system with Windows and when you see the lock screen (assuming you have a password set, or you can press win+L after your PC is started)
- Press the Shift key 6 times (Shift x 6) - You will see THE COMMAND PROMPT.
- Type: Whoami
- Press Enter, And you’ll see your privileges.
YOU ARE THE SYSTEM NOW